Article Written by: Home, Kitchen & Bathroom Remodeling – Customer Support
8 Tips For Remodeling your BathroomUpdating your bathroom should be as sound an investment for your home as updating the kitchen. They are definitely the two best investment areas for your home improvement. A bathroom is also one of the hardest working spaces in the home. If it’s not functional, everybody is affected. Keep its purpose in mind. Consider it a workstation for preparing for the day ahead and a sanctuary for resting and recovering at the end of a busy day. Giving your bathroom a few personal touches is a must. But be aware it is easier to over invest in your bathroom then you may think.
- The first step is to choose a bathroom design that you like before starting any of the remodeling. There are endless choices in faucets, fixtures such as the bathtub and materials. As well as colour charts and storage units where you keep your toiletries, and the location of utilities such as the wiring. It can be quite daunting but once you have decided on all these elements to remodel your bathroom you have completed the first step and sometimes the hardest part.
- After this you should then go into hunter gatherer mode for your remodeling job. Collect all necessary tools and supplies that are relevant for the type of the design that you have chosen. One handy tip would be to invest in a cordless drill, it makes it easier and quicker to get around.
- Time to demolish the bathroom fixtures (the fun part). You need to remove the drywall and any fixtures you are replacing. It isn’t too hard demolishing the bathroom yourself but make sure to drain the toilet, cover up the bathtub, remove insulation and cabinets.
- One extremely important is to rent a dumpster for the duration of the remodelling of your bathroom. It saves you doing numerous amounts of trips up to the local dump, so it saves you a lot of time and effort.
- Once the demolition is completed, you can start installing the new shower or tub. You need to decide on a base before fitting it in.
- Start to make some adjustments such as vanity mirrors or cabinets and lay down floor tiles.
- Add the drywall and start painting. Make sure you have enough paint to get you through the first day as you will need several coats.
- You can make your final touches to the bathroom once all of these elements are completed.
Our Experienced & Reliable Home Remodeling Team Look Forward To Your Call In San Antonio
On the lookout for a home, kitchen or bathroom remodeling contractor? Spencer Renovations has earned the position of most trusted home remodeling service in San Antonio. In case you need new lighting, flooring or a new kitchen, we offer a complete service, right from here. A commonplace request is for replacement windows or doors. Our aptitude for home remodeling is highly respected. We employ only leading edge equipment when we remodel a kitchen or bathroom and home. Your whole home remodel or new bathroom project, will be treated like it was in our own home. Don’t worry, our experienced house remodeling experts are very adept at managing the most exacting projects. If you’re searching for a home, kitchen or bathroom remodeling nearby, Spencer Renovations is ready and equipped to surpass your expectations. Which is the reason why you ought to give us a call to talk about your dreams for your home.